IC Community English Language Programs
IC Multiskills English & Advanced Oral Communication Courses
Application and fee are required. This class focuses on the areas of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation to reinforce listening, speaking, and reading for the intermediate to advanced student. Non-credit course fee for 40 hours of instruction is $302.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 – 11am
Fall 2019: September 16 - November 25 (no class on 10/9)
Application and fee are required. This class is designed to help students speak fluently and accurately. Students will work on improving pronunciation, learn idioms, review parts of speech, and give oral presentations. There is weekly written homework. Non-credit course fee for 20 hours of instruction is $252.
Thursdays, 9 – 11am
Fall 2019: September 19 - November 21
*Sections may be combined if there is low enrollment.
The University reserves the right to make changes to future course fees.
Application Process for Fall 2019*
- Fill out this form to indicate your interest in the courses by August 26, 2019.
- Attend a group screening meeting with the instructor, Claudine O'Brien, at the International Center on August 27, 2019. The instructor will determine if your English level is appropriate for one or both classes. If your level is too low or too high, you will not be able to take the class.
- If accepted, CAELC will email you the online class application form to complete by August 28, 2019.
- Applications are due by September 4, 2019 end of day. Once you submit your application, CAELC will enroll you in the Student Information System (SIS), and the University will bill you for the course.
- Classes begin the week of September 16, 2019.
- Payment is due by October 4, 2019. You can pay for the class online or at the UVA Cashier's Office. You will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to pay once you fill out your application.
- (For Waitlisted Students) After the application deadline of September 4, we will start admitting students from the waiting list if there is room.
*If you are a returning student, please contact email@example.com for application details.